Common searches

DOSBox and Glide

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 31, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well...unfortunately it is not available legally. The 3dfx patch released does not work with one whole unit and does not work with glidos or dosbox glide. I don't know how that pack was made, but it's the only working version 😀

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 21 of 31, by marzsyndrome

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Probably with good difficulty I imagine. We could try asking the Glidos people on here!

And besides leileilol, it may look to be available legally, but at those prices I doubt anyone's gonna want to go for that option anytime soon. =P Also, if Glidos are seemingly advocaters of 'warez', then they would've put up the full version of Tomb Raider on their site......... and they haven't. 😉

Reply 22 of 31, by marzsyndrome

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
gulikoza wrote:

Well...unfortunately it is not available legally. The 3dfx patch released does not work with one whole unit and does not work with glidos or dosbox glide. I don't know how that pack was made, but it's the only working version 😀

So it's unsupported in the same way that Glidos' Blood bundle is unsupported under DOSBox? Man, I wish this wasn't so confusing.

Reply 23 of 31, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
marzsyndrome wrote:

And besides leileilol, it may look to be available legally, but at those prices I doubt anyone's gonna want to go for that option anytime soon. =P

Then they must not really want the game do they?

Copyright infringement is still copyright infringement. Who knows what crazy shit could go down if lith/atari knows

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 24 of 31, by v0g0ns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:
marzsyndrome wrote:

And besides leileilol, it may look to be available legally, but at those prices I doubt anyone's gonna want to go for that option anytime soon. =P

Then they must not really want the game do they?

Copyright infringement is still copyright infringement. Who knows what crazy shit could go down if lith/atari knows

They'd probably call the dept. of homeland security!!! nah 🤣

Rise of the Triad forum

Reply 25 of 31, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
marzsyndrome wrote:

So it's unsupported in the same way that Glidos' Blood bundle is unsupported under DOSBox? Man, I wish this wasn't so confusing.

Hmm...I was wrong 😀. The official patch should work, but it only works for Blood version 1.0 or 1.11, not the One Whole Unit pack.
And it does work in dosbox 😀 Only it does not work in the current ykhwong version...I will release my sources for the glide patch soon so everybody can try it.

Attachments

• blood3dfx.png
    Filename
    blood3dfx.png
    File size
    145.29 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 27 of 31, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What's the matter with that screenshot? Looks like the gamma is way too high. Are you also using a filter on that?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 29 of 31, by marzsyndrome

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
gulikoza wrote:
marzsyndrome wrote:

Hmm...I was wrong 😀. The official patch should work, but it only works for Blood version 1.0 or 1.11, not the One Whole Unit pack.
And it does work in dosbox 😀 Only it does not work in the current ykhwong version...I will release my sources for the glide patch soon so everybody can try it.

What DOSBox build are you using to get that? Or is it a private build you're playing/testing with?

Reply 30 of 31, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DosFreak wrote:

What's the matter with that screenshot? Looks like the gamma is way too high. Are you also using a filter on that?

welcome to the world of 16-bit textures.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 31 of 31, by marzsyndrome

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well in the meantime I tested out another game with ykhwong's build - Screamer Rally - and that thankfully worked off the trot, although performance was a tad jerky. Is it like that with all 3DFX games atm or just that one?