VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.dosgames.com/forum/about9158.html

Ummm no Larry, there are many games that work better in older versions of DOS box. Yes the new versions obviously improve on the old, but that’s just it, sometimes when something is improved to run a wider range of games he odd game here and there gets left in the dust as now DOSBox is ‘too good’.

Yet another DosBox rumour going around the 'net. Anyone have any actual proof? It would be nice if the people who actually have REAL problems with newer versions of DosBox with their games would actually contact us and let us know but that would probably involve too much work on their part. (Email is soooo difficult to use).

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 10, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just tried the game in DOSBox .60, .61, .63, .65 and various CVS builds. I had to re-download .60 to .61 as I no longer had them. "abyss" claims that it runs better in .60 than .65. This is an interesting claim as graphics are washed out in .60. From what I can tell (with as little time as I was willing to invest in this) the game looks and runs best in .65 with no difference in any of the CVS builds.

Reply 3 of 10, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

jup the problem this "Ryan" had with this crapy game is nothing dosbox related. on another thread he was talking about "inserting disk 2" in the middle of the game.
sounds to me like some files are missing and nothing more.

anyway, just a good example for newbies trying to help newbies...

EDIT: 🤣 now they have deleted the guest post from MiniMax. it seems they don't tolerate any criticism. 😳

sysprofile.png

Reply 5 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Thanks Qbix. I was about to register on their forum hoping that would keep a re-post visible. Now I will see what the reply will be.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 7 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I wrote:

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:47 am Post subject: Did any of you bother to report the problem? […]
Show full quote

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:47 am
Post subject: Did any of you bother to report the problem?

Did any of you bother to report problems with newer versions of DOSBox breaking previous behavior?

If not, please go www.vogons.org and report it, or forever STFU.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 9 of 10, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

new random tidbit about dosbox

Yeah I had tried that process, its just like it is in the faq. Dont know if im getting the benefit of it or not. But I edited my dosbox conf file again and put "win32" instead of "default" in the MIDI sound options and that seemed to help

As far as I know default=win32 under windows.

Anybody had similar experiences ?
http://www.the-underdogs.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49198

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 10 of 10, by Srecko

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Maybe he has a build with MT-32 (Munt) (and is unaware of it), as then it is possible that his default handler is "mt32". This will happen if mt32 handler is defined after win32 one in midi.cpp.