VOGONS

Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 580 of 1968, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I installed the new version, but a strange label appeared above the profiles list.. Is it normal?

dbgl.png

### Cosmic Supremacy ### --- a free 3D space MMO for Civilization and Master of Orion fans!!!

Reply 581 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi code120, I believe you have some leftover custom Italian translation files in the plugins/i18n folder. Simply remove that plugins directory (or rename it if you plan to keep the files).

Reply 582 of 1968, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok thanks, I didn't realize there was a new feature (custom tabs) 😀
I added a line in the translation file and it's ok now, thanks.
Bye !

Edit: could I know how to create a filter to display games of a certain publisher/developer please? Thanks in advance

### Cosmic Supremacy ### --- a free 3D space MMO for Civilization and Master of Orion fans!!!

Reply 583 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

To display all profiles with apogee as developer or publisher:

UPPER(DEV.NAME) LIKE '%APOGEE%' OR UPPER(PUBL.NAME) LIKE '%APOGEE%'

Reply 585 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

Build 0.66d is up:

- Using the new MobyGames search method; unfortunately without publisher information since MG does not include it in the search-results anymore (for the moment).
- Tried to improve filtering a bit by showing realtime feedback on the amount of profiles found, and by preventing saving incorrect filtering conditions
- Fixing a regression in profile migration (invalid database operation)

All the latest files, to upgrade just grab the jar as usual.

Bye,
Ronald

Reply 586 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everybody,

I've just uploaded release 0.67 to the website, grab it while it's hot! No important changes since the last test build.

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 587 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Happy holidays everybody, have a good time!

Just a short message to say that DBGL profile import/export is progressing steadily, I hope to finish a first test build in the coming days.

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 588 of 1968, by Sinner

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey rcblanke,

I've switched from Ubuntu to Arch Linux and installed the x86_64 version of Java and its development kit and I am getting this. What do you make of it:

./dbgl: line 4: /opt/java/java: No such file or directory

Also I have alot of Linux Distros running via virtualbox, I would be happy to test the releases via multiple operating systems if you want.

Reply 590 of 1968, by Sinner

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote:
Sinner, what's the output of echo $JAVA_HOME ? Is there a java symbolic link in the /opt/java directory? […]
Show full quote

Sinner, what's the output of
echo $JAVA_HOME
?
Is there a java symbolic link in the /opt/java directory?

Ah, yeah it needs a symbolic link,

sudo ln -s /opt/java/bin/java /opt/java/java

Thanks

Reply 592 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi red, did you think about putting the commons-lang-2.4.jar in the DBGL lib folder? If you did, maybe try running dbglcons.cmd to see if some error is logged.

Reply 593 of 1968, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Remember me? I'm in charge of the Spanish translation, and I've noticed a few new things showing up in English. If you remind me what files I need to edit I'll send you an update ASAP.

Reply 594 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks Neville, I think it would be best to start with updating the translations when the import/export functionality is somewhat feature-complete.
In case you really want to start now, just follow the instructions on my website.

Reply 596 of 1968, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have another question / request: In the beta testing phorum we have found a persistent mouse issue that involves the early "Lemmings" games. One of the possible solutions is to use the option sdl_videodriver=windib , but I can't find it in DBGL.

Therefore, my question is if it's hidden somewhere I can't see it, and my request to include the option if it's not present in newer versions of the frontend.

Reply 597 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi Neville,

as this is no plain DOSBox configuration option, it is not shown in the edit template/profile dialogs. Still, it is perfectly valid to add it to the environment settings:

File -> Adjust settings -> Environment -> add 'sdl_videodriver=windib'

That will enable windib for all profiles and all dosbox versions. The environment options can be checked by running dbglcons.cmd, for example:

D:\DOSBox\DBGL\dosbox\DOSBox-0.73\dosbox.exe -conf D:\DOSBox\DBGL\dosbox\DOSBox-0.73\dosbox.conf {dosbox_dos_keyboardlayout=none, dosbox_render_aspect=true, dosbox_sdl_fullresolution=0x0, dosbox_sdl_output=openglnb}

Reply 599 of 1968, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried them all.. I give up. Could I know the instruction to make a filter for genres? It's hard to guess. Thanks 😀

I just noticed a strange thing: if I close DBGL when it's set on a filter tab and I open it again, it opens on that tab window, as I'd suppose it should do. But the mouse wheel isn't working. I have to shift to the 'All profiles' tab, then it works for all tabs again. Maybe I'm wrong?

It would be nice to be able to move tabs, changing their order on the bar like on browsers, and also to be able to delete the 'all profile' tab if there's at least another one.

A good year to everybody!
Bye

Ps: I forgot! some of my revamped screenshots, much smaller files this time and I opted for readability.