User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Problem resolved !
I try this :

sudo update-alternatives --config java […]
Show full quote

sudo update-alternatives --config java

Il y a 5 alternatives fournissant « java ».

Sélection Alternative
-----------------------------------------------
1 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java
*+ 2 /usr/lib/j2se/1.4/bin/java
3 /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre/bin/java
4 /usr/bin/gij-wrapper-4.1
5 /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/jre/bin/java

Appuyez sur Entrée pour conserver la valeur par défaut[*] ou choisissez le numéro sélectionné :3
Utilisation de « /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre/bin/java » pour fournir « java ».

Reply 221 of 1968, by _Vyper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@_Vyper: Thanks for the e4j package! Will probably put it my site as an alternative/add-on download. Any compelling reasons to choose e4j over JSmooth?

nope not really, i just had a full registered copy of e4j here from work(i don't dev in java but some guys in the office do) so i used it... also note that i did miss-spell DBGL as "dgbl" in the enviroment variable - if you want let me know and i can fix and recompile and send it to you via e-mail or post it here for everyone - it really isn't a big issue as i don't see it being used by alot of folks

One nice side effect of E4J you may/may-not have noticed is the program shows in task-manager/etc as DBGL-32(or DBGL-64).exe rather than the generic javaw.exe - less confusing for some of the noobs out there

Reply 222 of 1968, by Aisyk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

One suggestion for huge installations Dos games like Daggerfall.
DosBox only shows 110meg of free space for compatibility with old DOS
installers. You have to use the -freesize "Number of MB's" switch to
increase the shown freespace

Ex: "Mount c / -freesize 999" for 999mb's of freespace.

It'll be a good idea to have this option in "Edit Mount Point".

Reply 223 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Aisyk wrote:
...You have to use the -freesize "Number of MB's" switch to increase the shown freespace Ex: "Mount c / -freesize 999" for 999mb […]
Show full quote

...You have to use the -freesize "Number of MB's" switch to
increase the shown freespace
Ex: "Mount c / -freesize 999" for 999mb's of freespace.
It'll be a good idea to have this option in "Edit Mount Point".

Sure thing, see attachment.

Regards,
Ronald

Attachments

• Filename
    jar056a.zip
    File size
    204.04 KiB
    Downloads
    925 downloads
    File comment
    updated jar with freesize support
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 224 of 1968, by _Vyper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok heres the updated version(environment variable name fixed) and i also made one for the drag and drop add to profile to replace add.bat

again both 32 and 64 bit versions are included with the e4j sources for the (now 4) exe files

DBGL-32.exe
DBGL-32-ADD.exe
DBGL-64.exe
DBGL-64-ADD.exe
DBGL-32.exe4j
DBGL-32-ADD.exe4j
DBGL-64.exe4j
DBGL-64-ADD.exe4j

Attachments

• Filename
    DBGL-E4J.rar
    File size
    276.72 KiB
    Downloads
    735 downloads
    File license
  • Filename
    DBGL-E4J.zip
    File size
    303.31 KiB
    Downloads
    914 downloads
    File license

Reply 225 of 1968, by rfc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote:
rfc wrote:

Sorry, maybe a dump question, but how do you get the screenshots in there? I searched but couldn't find the information ...

Ctrl-F5

No, sorry, I meant how I can get the screenshots inside dbgl to be displayed ... ? I don't get it.

Reply 226 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
rfc wrote:

Sorry, maybe a dump question, but how do you get the screenshots in there? I searched but couldn't find the information ... I mean how I can get the screenshots inside dbgl to be displayed ... ? I don't get it.

Hmm, after taking shots in DOSBox they should show up in DBGL directly after leaving the game.

Did you move the DBGL directory around? That might cause the capture directory to be pointing to a nonexisting dir. You may want to take a look inside a game profile to see where the captures are stored. That should point to a captures subdirectory inside dbgl.

Reply 227 of 1968, by rfc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote:

Hmm, after taking shots in DOSBox they should show up in DBGL directly after leaving the game.

Did you move the DBGL directory around? That might cause the capture directory to be pointing to a nonexisting dir. You may want to take a look inside a game profile to see where the captures are stored. That should point to a captures subdirectory inside dbgl.

Thanks for the hint, you we're right, there were absolute paths from a prior installation which was not valid anymore. Can't those paths be relative?

Reply 229 of 1968, by rfc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote:
rfc wrote:

Can't those paths be relative?

Probably yes, this issue is high priority on my to-do list.

Ok, great.

Besides all the stupid questions: very useful application, I enjoy it everyday, many thanks.

Reply 230 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anybody that has upgraded to Ubuntu Feisty Fawn is also experiencing some lag when DBGL is displaying captures?! On Edgy Eft and Windows there is no problem, but something in Feisty (Gnome? X?) makes scrolling though the profiles list with png's annoyingly slow for me...

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 231 of 1968, by AceJoel96

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to contact the guy who made D-fend to send him this message:
I downloaded D-Fend. I'd like to read the manual before I get started, but can't open it. Please make the guide downloadable from your site, seperately from the rest of the D-Fend file. You could also send me the file through e-mail as a Word or PDF document.
I keep getting a return-to-sender message when I send it to his MSN address.

Reply 232 of 1968, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Don't know if dfend is the best choice for the 0.70 release as dfend
hasn't been updated for quite some time.
Try DBGL (this thread) or DOG, there should be links to both on the
dosbox homepage (download section).

Reply 233 of 1968, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

D-Fend is no longer actively being developed. As wd said, try DBGL or D.O.G., instead. Both are excellent replacements for D-Fend and will allow you import any D-Fend profiles that you already have setup. If you have any issues with using either both rcblanke and EricGG (the respective developers of DBGL and D.O.G.) are active posters on these boards.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 234 of 1968, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well I'm looking into the whole Linux thing, and my eye fell on Ubuntu Feisty. Edubuntu to be precise, as I'm testing the conversion feasibility from a Win2K environment to a Linux one for a school.

Anyways, call me a noob with some experience when it comes to Linux. The problem i'm having is the following when starting DBGL :

erikgg@edubuntu1:~$ cd Desktop
erikgg@edubuntu1:~/Desktop$ /usr/bin/java -Djava.library.path=lib -jar dbgl.jar
startup
upgrading database to v0.56
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/erikgg/Desktop/lib/libswt-pi-gtk-3235.so: Can't load AMD 64-bit .so on a IA 32-bit platform
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:993)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:123)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:22)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:63)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:54)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:126)
at com.gui.MainWindow.open(MainWindow.java:119)
at com.gui.MainWindow.main(MainWindow.java:105)
erikgg@edubuntu1:~/Desktop$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_11"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
erikgg@edubuntu1:~/Desktop$

Erik.

Read the new FAQ.doc

Reply 235 of 1968, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Found out what was wrong,

In my utter confusion of changing to ubuntu, I probably overwrote the 32bit version of DBGL I had installed with the 64bit tar I downloaded.😅

I just reinstalled the 32bit version and now its working.

Erik.

Read the new FAQ.doc

Reply 236 of 1968, by GigaDave

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MiniMax wrote:
2 minor problems with DBGL: […]
Show full quote

2 minor problems with DBGL:

1. The dbgl.bat file.

It is technically not a BAT-file since it uses the multiline if ...... ( ...... ) else ( .... ) construct. This syntax is only available on Windows NT and later.

If DBGL is supposed to work with Win9x / WinME, then should be rewritten to not use CMD-script features. If not, then at least rename it to dbgl.cmd to proper reflect the language used.

I can confirm that the dbgl.bat file does not work on Win98 machines. I edited it and removed the version check routine. Other than that, it runs perfectly on my '98 machines. (I do see a "command prompt"-screen quickly pop up and dissapear before the main menu of DBGL shows up, but like I said it works perfectly)

One thing I was unable to do, is to remove the first entry (v 0.70) from the dosbox versions list. Even though I put in various versions of dosbox and made them default, it gave an error. Therefore I edited the first entry.

Press ALT + F4 to enter god mode...

Reply 237 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MiniMax wrote:

Remind me to look into this configure.in thing in 1-2 months.

..Eh, bump?

MiniMax wrote:
rcblanke wrote:

One of the problems is that the captures folder is stored as an absolute path in the game profiles (*.conf). Since that directory is actually a subdir in the dbgl directory, capturing will no longer work when dbgl is relocated. There has to be a solution for this... To make a long story short; I'm definitely looking into this.

I think I have a solution for this problem 😀

Ok, what is your suggestion, MiniMax?

GigaDave wrote:

One thing I was unable to do, is to remove the first entry (v 0.70) from the dosbox versions list. Even though I put in various versions of dosbox and made them default, it gave an error. Therefore I edited the first entry.

That is probably because you had at least one profile using that DOSBox version. In that case, you cannot remove it. You could alter the profile to associate it to another DOSBox version.

Welcome at Vogons and thank you for the confirmation!

Reply 238 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

The new version is up:

* Improved support for (7-)zip files by adding a browse dialog for selecting files inside an archive (implemented using J7Zip). Automount for zipfiles was also corrected.
* Implemented support for configuration options containing spaces, such as "cycles=max 80%".
* Added support for the -freesize option for mounting points (Andrew, Aisyk).
* When duplicating a profile, made it possible to also duplicate captures (red_avatar).
* Renamed dbgl.bat to dbgl.cmd (MiniMax), some code refactoring.

Note to Vista users: Keep an eye on the release of Eclipse Europa for many SWT-related improvements.

Kindest regards,
Ronald

Reply 239 of 1968, by Pan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I gave DBGL a go last night and it's good. I can see how it could be very useful 😀

I know that DBGL has the ability to import Defend profiles, but it would be nice to be able to export and then import DBGL profiles for sharing, distribution, etc. My main purpose would be for archiving games. I already archive all of my floppy games in ZIPs stored on disc and it would be nice to store a profile in the game's archive. This is why I had asked for the ability to have the config file stored in the game's directory.

Perhaps a built in browse function for different paths would be necessary. The import/export would not be so much for the DOSBox settings (although it might be good for a starting place for setting up the game on another machine) but more for the data base for a game. I don't know if this would mean standardizing some fields like category and publisher or if there could be some query from the importer for inexact matches.

It could also prove useful when helping a NOOB to get a game going in DOSBox. I dislike wizards, but it might be good for these people. I could even have profiles for download on my site.

I agree with the comment above. Having an import/export facility to manage DBGL profiles would be extremely handy. I could see a future in this where individuals could create profiles and upload them to a website. With the size of the DOS community, there could be pre-created profiles for almost all common games quite quickly I can imagine. Then some auto-detection could be done on game directories and the database could be filled in automatically. That really would be impressive.

The only problem would be machine specific information like cycles and pathnames. Relative paths could resolve the latter by having some standardization on game location. Creating a new empty directory inside the DBGL directory to allow the storage of games could help with this.

It's a lot of work to do something like this naturally, but just thought I'd mention it so that idea goes down on paper 😀 I do have Java experience myself, so perhaps I could help out in a couple of months when my current workload is finished.