VOGONS

Common searches

No Video with AVI capture file under Win98 w/DOSBox 0.65

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by michealey

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I have installed the new DOSBox 0.65 on several platforms and it works great under XP, especially the ZMBV codec AVI file routine - which plays back well under Windows Media Player 10 once the ZMBV codec has been install.

Installing the Codec under XP is flawless. But the process seems to be gaffed under Win98. Initally, the install routine cannot find the ZMBV.DLL file that is in the subdirectory within DOSBox and starts looking for a CD called "Zip Motion Block Video Codex". However, this can be re-directed back to the appropriate directory and then the file is installed. All is well now - one would think. Sorry, that would be wrong. Whenever a DOSBox created AVI is played back under Windows98 on the three 98 plats I have tested, I get an "error installing codec" notice at the bottom, then the file loads to a black screen and only audio is heard.
AVI files, created on a Win98 plat, play fine if transferred to an XP machine and played back there - so there is nothing wrong in the creation of the files. The problem lies in the playback under Win98 with Windows Media player... Hmmm

If any one can offer comment on help on this situation I would appreciate it, as this is of concern to a group of Stunt Island users who would like to transfer their films into AVI format for sharing purposes.

Thanks.

~Mic

Reply 4 of 5, by jetdogy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am having a lot of trouble capturing my movies using the ctrl alt f5 keys. I have windows XP Professional. I was able to capture images and the other key functions worked (full screen option etc). Can someone help me? My email is jetdogy@aol.com please use subject "Stunt Island Help" .. Thanks!