VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by warner250

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to run dosbox dos emulator on windows 10. The program fails everytime even after troubleshooting and running the windows 10 compatibility mode. I was wondering if there is a solution or patch available.

I have tried dosbox.exe and dosbox .74

Reply 2 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It works fine for me. W10 Home x64.

Try uninstalling DOSBox (maybe using some uninstall util like Revo uninstaller) and reinstalling from scratch.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No need for such a utility with DOSBox. Just using the DOSBox uninstaller will delete the DOSBox installed folder (if nothing else has been placed in it) and its Start Menu folder. Deleting the %LocalAppData%\DOSBox folder will delete all settings. The only thing that might be left after these three folders have been deleted might be a few MRU registry entries that won't matter.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 5, by RaymanForever2007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
warner250 wrote:

I am trying to run dosbox dos emulator on windows 10. The program fails everytime even after troubleshooting and running the windows 10 compatibility mode. I was wondering if there is a solution or patch available.

I have tried dosbox.exe and dosbox .74

Dosbox.exe will run without "compatibility" in Windows 10 64bit ? placed in any folder along with SDL.dll and SDL_net.dll.
Here is the screen shot run in Windows 10 64bit; (note that I did not make dosbox.conf in the folder just showed IT RAN in Windows 10)
2viml90.jpg