VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Ant_222

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello, all

I am using DosBox 0.74 on my MacBook 2007 with Mac OS X 10.6.8. Although the Keyboard mapper is bound to CTRL-F1, it only starts when I press Cmd-Ctrl-F1, while the Cycles up/down commands are mapped to Ctrl-F11 and Ctrl-F12 and work as expected, i.e. without the additional pressing of Cmd. I have configured vidieo to several combinations including single keystrokes like 'v', but it never seemed to work.

How to make DosBox read commands in strict accordance to the Mapper's configuration?

Reply 1 of 2, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OS X "owns" Ctrl-F1 and will not let any other program use it - except when that program runs in full-screen mode. If DOSBox is running in a window under OS X, nothing will make it respond to Ctrl-F1. It may possibly respond to Ctrl-F1 in full-screen mode; try it and see.

Possibly - just possibly - you could find one of the advanced keyboard remapping programs for OS X and possibly - though not probably - that program could reclaim Ctrl-F1 for use by a windowed application. But I wouldn't do this kind of heavy surgery on my system, and I don't think anyone else should do so either.