VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MLO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

NOTE: I'm not entirely sure that this is a problem specific to Bioforge; it is the only game I'm currently working to configure.

CPU: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
RAM: 8GB
Sound: Intel integrated
Video: Intel HD Graphics 3000, DirectX
DOSBox: v0.74

I'm having some issues with configuring a Logitech Dual Action Controller with DOSBox; I'm attempting to disable the first analog joystick so that I can just use the second but regardless of what I configure...either in the .conf file or the keymapper...both analog joysticks are still enabled. The version of DOSBox I'm currently using came with Bioforge...which I purchased from GOG.

Any advice would be appreciated. Feel free to request more info.

Reply 1 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Did you try setting the type to 2axis and then remap the joystick analog directions ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 7, by MLO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Qbix wrote:

Did you try setting the type to 2axis and then remap the joystick analog directions ?

I tried with 4axis_2, but not with 2axis. I'll try that and post back results.

Will configuring that setting disable the rest of the dual action controller buttons?

EDIT:
Interesting. After setting the type to 2axis and starting keymapper, the display (keymapper) shows two joysticks. I'll configure those, then try Bioforge again.

Another interesting note: I did not start up the dual action software before starting and configuring keymapper; maybe the software interferes with the keymapper in some way.

Reply 3 of 7, by MLO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Qbix...that did the trick.

NOTE: I had to go into the controller settings and swap the joysticks in order to make sure that the one I wanted to disable (the left) was disabled instead of the one I wanted to keep enabled (the right). Also, leaving the controller "profiler" off definitely seemed to help.

Reply 4 of 7, by MLO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmmm. I may have spoken too soon.

I set up a few mappings in keymapper, and launched Bioforge. Some of the mappings worked correctly, but others did not.

I exited Bioforge, went back into keymapper and found that the mappings I'd set up had completely changed. For example: I'd mapped button five to the Enter key, initially, but after I'd quit the game, the Enter key mapping was gone and button five was mapped to the Ctrl key.

Reply 6 of 7, by ElectricMonk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
MLO wrote:
NOTE: I'm not entirely sure that this is a problem specific to Bioforge; it is the only game I'm currently working to configure […]
Show full quote

NOTE: I'm not entirely sure that this is a problem specific to Bioforge; it is the only game I'm currently working to configure.
...snip...

I'm having some issues with configuring a Logitech Dual Action Controller with DOSBox; I'm attempting to disable the first analog joystick so that I can just use the second but regardless of what I configure...either in the .conf file or the keymapper...both analog joysticks are still enabled. The version of DOSBox I'm currently using came with Bioforge...which I purchased from GOG.

Any advice would be appreciated. Feel free to request more info.

The Logitech Dual Action is the issue. I used one for a few years, and had to find 3rd party workarounds for it all the time. Just bite the bullet, and get a wireless 360 Controller for your PC. I've had *ZERO* problems, since the swap out. Worst case, go to the rumblepad/Dual Action blogspot site. They try to get them to work with the latest games.

*EDIT*

If you want to use the newest controller from Xbox One, you'll need a new wireless dongle. The 360 one does NOT support it, per Microsoft.

*EDIT 2*

Anyone know of a good Flightcontroller Joystick, ala the venerable MS Sidewinder Pro? I have no desire to spend $400 on a HOTAS setup, that may or may not work with Tie Fighter, Xwing, Wing Commander, Strike Commander, etc...

Reply 7 of 7, by ElectricMonk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
MLO wrote:

Hmmm. I may have spoken too soon.

I set up a few mappings in keymapper, and launched Bioforge. Some of the mappings worked correctly, but others did not.

I exited Bioforge, went back into keymapper and found that the mappings I'd set up had completely changed. For example: I'd mapped button five to the Enter key, initially, but after I'd quit the game, the Enter key mapping was gone and button five was mapped to the Ctrl key.

Didn't Bioforge support the keyboard only?