VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Fexel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey there,

I need 16bit colors in Win 3.11. I can choose it but it tells me too little ram. How can i fix that? 😀

Bye

Reply 1 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

look in your config file 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Change dosbox settings through its configuration file. If you don't know how then RTFM

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 11, by Fexel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Qbix wrote:

choose a lower resolution when selecting the 16 bit graphics ?

I choose 640x480 for 16bit.

About dosbox.conf - This is not a problem for me. But my changes didnt helped me out. memsize set to 64 but no positive effect. THATS why i asked here so please help me 😀

Reply 6 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Ok, then back to the start.
First make sure you edit the right config. The default config is no longer called dosbox.conf. On start the console window will tell you which config is getting used. Try a clean config file (I think on Windows you have a dosbox start menu item that resets the config).
Tell us which graphics driver you are trying to change in Windows 3.1x

Reply 7 of 11, by Fexel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

Ok, then back to the start.
First make sure you edit the right config. The default config is no longer called dosbox.conf. On start the console window will tell you which config is getting used. Try a clean config file (I think on Windows you have a dosbox start menu item that resets the config).
Tell us which graphics driver you are trying to change in Windows 3.1x

A little bit arogant he? -.-

I use special .conf Files for every installed Application! It was only a example!

I will use this one:
S3 864 1.41B5 640x480 16.7M colors

I can install it but only with the message, that i have now too less memory and some icons had to be changed into blank symbols.

Reply 8 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

not arrogant, but fed up with people asking for help but not revealing what they are doing from the start.
When I say "look in your config file" and you reply "Sry, this doenst help me.. Some more Details im not THAT Expert u apparently think i am" you are leading one to believe that you have no idea how dosbox works or that there even is a readme.

But when you are such an expert after all, then are you SURE it is using that config file? AND, most important, try a default config file OR post the contents of your special config file for Windows.

Reply 9 of 11, by Fexel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

not arrogant, but fed up with people asking for help but not revealing what they are doing from the start.
When I say "look in your config file" and you reply "Sry, this doenst help me.. Some more Details im not THAT Expert u apparently think i am" you are leading one to believe that you have no idea how dosbox works or that there even is a readme.

But when you are such an expert after all, then are you SURE it is using that config file? AND, most important, try a default config file OR post the contents of your special config file for Windows.

Hey, u dont know me. So dont tell me what i am and what not. I will look for help somewhere else.. dont like people who are so prepossessed.

THX for your time,

bye

Reply 10 of 11, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

bye bye (just a friendly reminder, when you go some other place, make sure to include as much information as you can and when someone tries to help you don't call them arrogant (since I'm not even sure where the arrogance was there)).
Good luck