VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by kalirion

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I got Rayman Forever from GOG, tried running it with Gulikoza's build and the imgmount command failed with the error "MSCDEX: Failure: Path not valid."

I searched the forums and saw somebody with a similar issue succeed with Yhkwong build - but when I tried it it actually crashed on the imgmount command with Windows' general "app stopped working" error. (I'm on Win7x64)

The command (based off GOG's own dosbox config):
imgmount d "C:\Dos Games\GOG\Rayman Forever\music\game.inst" -t iso -fs iso

The music folder also contains a game.gog file which can be mounted by both Gulikoza's and Yhkwong's builds, but then the game plays with no music.

Vanilla 0.74 and 0.73 DOSBox versions load game.inst perfectly, but then there are no pixel shaders....

I'm attaching the game.inst file.

Does anyone know of a workaround that would allow me to play with both music AND the graphic options in Gulikoza's and Yhkwong's builds?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit:
I tried running both the builds against with same exact conf file which worked for 0.73 and 0.74 Vanilla - same results.

System Info: Core 2 Duo 1.3GHz, Intel 4500 mhd, Windows 7x64, 4GB RAM.

Attachments

• Filename
    game.txt
    File size
    1.33 KiB
    Downloads
    105 downloads
    File comment
    game.inst (a plain text file) which only vanilla versions can imgmount for some reason. Changed extension to allow attaching.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 2, by kalirion

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Qbix wrote:

maybe those builds don't have sdl_sound +libogg support

Hmm, would they exclude vanilla functionality? Because of compatibility issues with what they did include instead perhaps?

I just tried replacing all the ogg files in the cuesheet with a test mp3 file, and it didn't help - unless I needed to do more than just copying the mp3 file into the folder and changing the ogg filenames in the cuesheet to the mp3 filename?

Edit: Well, with your insight about sdl_sound, I managed to google up Virusek's Uber Build, and it works! Thank you!