VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by beerslayer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, all -

I know that it is possible to launch DOSBox with the -noconsole parameter to prevent the status window from appearing. What I'm hoping is that a future release of DOSBox might add the ability to turn off the status windows from within the .conf file, rather than having to type -noconsole on the command line every time. So far as I can tell, this capability does not currently exist in version 0.74.

Yes, I know I could probably use a batch file for this, but batch files come with their own problems and it seems like this should be a no-brainer for the .conf file. Is this horribly difficult to implement in a future version? Or is there some other good reason for not implementing it already that I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance.

When correctly viewed, everything is lewd. -- Tom Lehrer

Reply 1 of 2, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I *think* this is not possible due to the order of things being loaded. When the conf file gets read and loaded the console has long been loaded already. And there is probably no way around this.
But as I wrote, no real clue about this, just pasted togehter from my small knowledge of other SDL based programs

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper