Common searches

How to load CD-ROM driver?

Topic actions

First post, by Jusko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi.

I want to install Atlantis: The Lost Tales. Old game from Cryo. Atlantis can be run in DOS (i think). The is DOS install on CD1. When i try to run dosinnstal DosBox wants CR-ROM driver. What driver? 😢

zrzutekranudosbox073cpu.th.png

It means: "No CD-ROM Driver". I'm using Linux and game working under Wine, but game runs too fast on modern PC 😢 How to load this CD-ROM drivers? I think mouse drivers will be needed too for this game.

Reply 6 of 46, by Jusko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I installed game and game run, but not without mancaments (little slow and choppy sound sometimes). In Atlantis how-to the is:

3) Set: Core: Dynamic, Cycles:30.000+, mouse sensitivity 300+ and enable autolock mouse option.

How to do that?

Sorry for my little experience with DOS and DosBox, but i'm using Linux and his bash command-line many years, so my experience with DOS is small, but i used DOS to install Windows 98 from time to time 😀 When i click in DosBox window, mouse is grab by him. How to get back my mouse to work ouside DosBox window again? 😀

EDIT:

I found that capture and release mouse is Ctrl+F10 combination and i know now how to add more cycles. But how change mouse sensivity? Atlantis have terrible jerky sound - is there any way to fix this? 😢 Only mouse sensivity and this sound issue are problem. This sound makes this game almost unplayble, because there is no way to listen this - it's danger to ears 😢

Reply 9 of 46, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

http://dosbox.com/wiki/Dosbox.conf#Linux

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 14 of 46, by Jusko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nothing. Where i can report sound bug in Antantis? It's one of my dreams to play once again this game. Game is playable (with mouse sensitive 500+), but this sound issue makes game unplayable for ours ears 😵

Reply 16 of 46, by Jusko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Performance is OK. Mouse with more sensitive is...almost normal (little lag but playable). I have problem only with sound.

what have you tried?
STEP 3 - Performance
Yay, you've gotten your game to run! But maybe you're experiencing slowdown? How do you fix this? With the following commands:

CTRL + F7 = Decreases frameskip
CTRL + F8 = Increases Frameskip
CTRL + F11 = Slows down the game
CTRL + F12 = Speeds up the game

Reply 18 of 46, by Jusko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I used core=dynamic and when i have active game i see cycles: max on upper DosBox window. Problem with sound is beyond cycles maybe. At least DosBox is not compatibile with ALL games. I must try fullscren - did you write about games in fullscreen are faster than in window? I read this somewhere on this forum.