VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Sephiroth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am almost finished with my DOSBox frontend and wanted to post features and ask for community input so I can add, remove, or modify features prior to releasing it. With that said, here is the current list of features that are implemented or are almost implemented. All of these will be implemented prior to release, unless users do not find them useful. Oh, and the features from the prior version will be implemented as well.

• Global configuration includes output, autolock, wait on error, priority, mepper file, use of scan-codes, and language
  • Users now install to a folder or folders that are viewed as hard-drives by DOSBox, making the emulation more realistic
  • Game configurations now store almost all DOSBox configuration data except the global configuration data
  • Users may now backup and restore entire emulated drives, including all games on said drives, to compressed archives
  • Game configurations are now stored in individual, binary files that can be sent to friends or put online
  • Game configurations use a "486" extension and when opened will copy the configuration to the correct folder and add it to the games list
  • Network connection wizard for connections over the net in only a few clicks
  • Full IPX support for any game
  • Full modem and null-modem support for any game
  • Cycles now supports max and auto
  • Support for custom autoexec.bat configurations in each game configuration

If anybody has an idea for a viable option, a question about existing options, or thinks one of these won't be useful, please reply below. I will check every day or two and reply to everything.

486 Launcher v2.0 is now under development!