VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Smiling Spectre

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Latest DOSBox installs don't liked by my antivirus: DrWeb. It says "File infected by Troyan.Popup". If I disable antivirus and install DOSBox, later this antivirus says "Uninstall.exe infected with Trojan.Popuper", so it is this file responsible for alarm. Is this everything ok with installer?

Reply 4 of 13, by njaydg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm using Kaspersky Personal 7.0 and no problems either... Seems like a false positive to me. It's either that or your system may have some trojan traces. Webroot Spy Sweeper (latest version) doesn't complain either.

Reply 7 of 13, by njaydg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Try using a different antivirus... And if it's any consolation, Softpedia "...guarantees that DOSBox 0.72 is 100% FREE, which means it is a freeware product (both for personal and commercial use) that does not contain any form of malware, including but not limited to: spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. "

And they have the same link you posted.

Reply 9 of 13, by Smiling Spectre

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

njaydg, I have no doubt in the DOSBox itself. 😀 Only in setup pack and mirror. 😀
wd, there was reason for my question. 😀 I don't see any other mirrors... in Opera. IE6 resolves this. But not "virus" issue. Then I assume, that something strange with my antivirus. 😒 ... Yes! I miss update 96 (from 103 😀). After installing it "virus" disappears. Thank you for help! 😀

Reply 10 of 13, by njaydg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just to clear any possible doubts from other users, I've also downloaded from that same link and detected nothing. So, as Smiling Spectre confirmed (thanks for letting us know 😎 ), it's a false positive that got solved through antivirus update.

Also, an important question (possibly OT): Does every mirror contain the exact same file, meaning that it's not altered/changed in any of the mirrors?

Reply 13 of 13, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

no virus found with "Trend Micro Internet Security 2007"

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website