VOGONS

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/one_unit_whole_blood

You carved your soul to shreds in servitude to a dark god, but false promises and betrayal were your only reward. Now you have a score to settle and it will be measured in BLOOD! Experience the madness in one carnage-soaked package! All the gore, all the unholy war! Zombies, gargoyles, hellhounds and blood-crazed hordes of horrors await! Crush loathsome evil of the mighty Tchernobog! Or condemn yourself to eternal damnation in this leviathan of unhallowed gaming action!

Pack includes the original Blood and addons: Plasma Pak and Cryptic Passage.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 4, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yay! Good news, though they probably left out the Type O Negative portion of the thing.

Boom goes the "it's abandonware!" dynamite that helped badly taint its fan base. Ever since the 'dogs put it up in '02 it kinda screwed the communities full of faux fan kids that pretended to own it 🙁

GliDOS needs to have a binary patch for this one to get OUWBlood downgraded to Glide Blood 1.20

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 4, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

They need to release the source to the engine part, cause then it would be even more fun playing that game. So basically I do not give a toss whether GoG is going to sell it or not. And that goes out to all those lovely Build engine games. Since I actually like the old Build engine, or at least those I can mention which is probably all of them. But then again, that is me in a nuttshell, I like when at least the engine source code is released so people can make the old lovely game being run on a modern system, if you do not actually happen to have an old dos system at your disposal of course. But that is just my five cents in that rally.

Reply 3 of 4, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The source is in some sort of ownership hell actually. No one knows for sure if Atari, WB or Monolith have access to it or have ownership of it and people have been requesting for its release for at least 10 years now.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 4, by temptingthelure

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

According to one blood fan site, it's been established that Atari doesnt have the source code, althought they too mentioned that it wasnt up to Atari to release it since they didnt own the ip. Something that apparently has proven wrong from this annoucement from Gog, since it's part of their Atari catalog releases. Monolith is owned by WB, so it's either them or Atari. There was talk that some guy actually does have the full source, but he's wary of legal crap so he won't release the source code. Maybe this Gog deal can convince Atari to push a source release. The fact that they are doing anything commercially with Blood is just an amazing annoucement.

Rise of the Triad modding site!
http://rott.s4.bizhat.com