VOGONS

Reply 200 of 257, by RayeR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, I uploaded 360 Extreme Explorer browser 13.5.1030
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2es0gda0ejwg96 … XPLORER.7z/file

Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3, Core i7-2600K @4,5GHz, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, GTX970(GF7900GT), SB Audigy + YMF724F + DreamBlaster combo + LPC2ISA

Reply 201 of 257, by RayeR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I found newer version via MSFN link to webarchive:
https://archive.org/details/360EE_Modified_Version
Going to try if BSOD too but not easy to trigger it immediatelly, it takes some time to overload...

Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3, Core i7-2600K @4,5GHz, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, GTX970(GF7900GT), SB Audigy + YMF724F + DreamBlaster combo + LPC2ISA

Reply 202 of 257, by RayeR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote on 2024-01-22, 18:59:

Mabye disabling hardware acceleration assuming that the browser supports it and has it enabled.

As I looked in settings it's already disabled by default. I found a bit newer version and tried it overload with many tabs, when the system consumed over 7GB memory it triggered BSOD again :\ If I remember well MyPal68 behaves that it silently crashed/closed on such heavy load but didn't triggered BSOD.

Reply 203 of 257, by theelf

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good news!!!!!!! Chromium 121+ on XP!!!!

https://github.com/win32ss/supermium

At least in my 2 XP machines, XP x64 desktop and XP 32bits laptop, super stable, no problems for now, about e xtensions, i only tested ublock origin no problem works fine

WOW even web app works!!!

Image1.jpg
Filename
Image1.jpg
File size
191.62 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 204 of 257, by ntalaec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
theelf wrote on 2024-02-02, 16:46:
Good news!!!!!!! Chromium 121+ on XP!!!! […]
Show full quote

At least in my 2 XP machines, XP x64 desktop and XP 32bits laptop, super stable, no problems for now, about e xtensions, i only tested ublock origin no problem works fine

Image1.jpg

Thanks for the info.

Any clue about system requirements? It crashes in an old laptop with Windows XP SP3, Intel Atom N280 and 1 GB of RAM.

The newest web browser I am able to run in this computer is bnavigator.

Reply 205 of 257, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Show full quote

Image1.jpg

Ok we have 360 EE Chrome, Mypal, XPchrome, PaleMoon, SeaMonkey and now this working.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 206 of 257, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Supermium plays 1440p content decently and runs sites that other browser couldn't 🤞

Supermium is my primary XP browser now

Attachments

Last edited by BEEN_Nath_58 on 2024-02-02, 19:54. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 207 of 257, by theelf

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ntalaec wrote on 2024-02-02, 18:46:
Thanks for the info. […]
Show full quote
Show full quote

Image1.jpg

Thanks for the info.

Any clue about system requirements? It crashes in an old laptop with Windows XP SP3, Intel Atom N280 and 1 GB of RAM.

The newest web browser I am able to run in this computer is bnavigator.

I think similar to chromium in real world usage, exept supermium in 32bits build ask for SS2, and chromium SS3

Right now im testing in a i5, 16GB ram, 256SSD, Windows XP SP3 32bits, and work great, no difference to use chromium in linux/win10

Reply 208 of 257, by ntalaec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
theelf wrote on 2024-02-02, 19:25:

I think similar to chromium in real world usage, exept supermium in 32bits build ask for SS2, and chromium SS3

Right now im testing in a i5, 16GB ram, 256SSD, Windows XP SP3 32bits, and work great, no difference to use chromium in linux/win10

Thanks. I'll try BEEN_Nath_58's suggestions then.

Reply 210 of 257, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-02-02, 19:17:

Supermium plays 1440p content decently and runs sites that other browser couldn't 🤞

Supermium is my primary XP browser now

i thought there was https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal68/

RETIRED
This user is no longer active on VOGONS.

Reply 211 of 257, by RayeR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for info. Anybody else got this error from the installer (supermium_121_32_setup.exe)?
Running on WinXP SP3 with all post-SP3 patches, MSVC runtime...

Filename
supremium-installer-error.png
File size
5.11 KiB
Downloads
No downloads
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Fortunately I captured chrome.7z that setup extracted in Windows Local Settings\TEMP
(there was mini_installer.exe 84MB that also throw same error and CR_29554.tmp\CHROME.PACKED.7Z that conteined chrome.7)
After I manulally unpacked chrome.7z somewhere and run chrome.exe it starts normally.
Why such obfuscated setup instead of a portable package?

It runs also webGL 3D maps but slow, it seems to be SW rendering as load of all my 4 CPU cores rise to 100% and GPU load is only few %. In settings there's enabled HW accel when available - is it working for someone else on WinXP or it works only on newer Windows with newer DirectX?

Reply 212 of 257, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RayeR wrote on 2024-02-03, 03:56:
Thanks for info. Anybody else got this error from the installer (supermium_121_32_setup.exe)? Running on WinXP SP3 with all post […]
Show full quote

Thanks for info. Anybody else got this error from the installer (supermium_121_32_setup.exe)?

Fortunately I captured chrome.7z that setup extracted in Windows Local Settings\TEMP
(there was mini_installer.exe 84MB that also throw same error and CR_29554.tmp\CHROME.PACKED.7Z that conteined chrome.7)
After I manulally unpacked chrome.7z somewhere and run chrome.exe it starts normally.

It runs also webGL 3D maps but slow, it seems to be SW rendering as load of all my 4 CPU cores rise to 100% and GPU load is only few %. In settings there's enabled HW accel when available - is it working for someone else on WinXP or it works only on newer Windows with newer DirectX?

For me the installer doesn't work. There are more problems with the installer as well. For now you have to do with extracting the package, or pay 5 dollars for the patreon version that apparently has this fixed.

For me, HW accel seems to work, at least when compared to Mypal and XPchrome (where it is not available). HW accel should be available normally, unless you are using the plain SVGA adapter.

Reply 213 of 257, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2024-02-03, 06:44:
RayeR wrote on 2024-02-03, 03:56:
Thanks for info. Anybody else got this error from the installer (supermium_121_32_setup.exe)? Running on WinXP SP3 with all post […]
Show full quote

For me the installer doesn't work. There are more problems with the installer as well. For now you have to do with extracting the package, or pay 5 dollars for the patreon version that apparently has this fixed.

For me, HW accel seems to work, at least when compared to Mypal and XPchrome (where it is not available). HW accel should be available normally, unless you are using the plain SVGA adapter.

damn shame you cant keep a pc like that still working modernly, I tried turning an old XP pc into a gaming legacy but id have to use a modern browser to download the patches and updates

RETIRED
This user is no longer active on VOGONS.

Reply 214 of 257, by RayeR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I got reply on Github, that HW accel. via DX9 was disabled due to some issues unit gets resolved.
So you probably has older version or it renders via SW.

Reply 215 of 257, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RayeR wrote on 2024-02-04, 02:01:

I got reply on Github, that HW accel. via DX9 was disabled due to some issues unit gets resolved.
So you probably has older version or it renders via SW.

Its the latest version, so what I assume is XPchrome was TOO SLOW. Anyways, if Mypal was HW accel, then comparing both the difference isn't much with an iGPU and a dual-core Ivy Bridge Pentium

Reply 216 of 257, by RayeR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think mypal.has webgl disabled so cannot compare. I would expect that on gtx 970 it can render much faster...

Reply 217 of 257, by theelf

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Supermium is amazing, i use all this weekend in all my dayle task, bank/goverment stuff, check auction web sites, forums, etc and NO problem at all

Thank good this browser, because i was thinking to change XP as my main OS soon because this

Reply 218 of 257, by Norton Commander

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've tested Supermium on XP Sp3 x86 and Windows 7 SP1 x64. My Windows XP machine is single core with 3 GB RAM. It runs miserably slow. My Windows 7 PC is dual core with 8 GB RAM and it runs fine. Supermium is based on Chromium 121 so no suprise that early XP era machines will have trouble running it smoothly. It is good to have a modern Chrome browser for legacy OSes since there are a few websites that have trouble in modern Mozilla browsers. One more advantage to Supermium is the author's commitment to Manifest V2.

Reply 219 of 257, by theelf

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Norton Commander wrote on 2024-02-19, 18:29:

I've tested Supermium on XP Sp3 x86 and Windows 7 SP1 x64. My Windows XP machine is single core with 3 GB RAM. It runs miserably slow. My Windows 7 PC is dual core with 8 GB RAM and it runs fine. Supermium is based on Chromium 121 so no suprise that early XP era machines will have trouble running it smoothly. It is good to have a modern Chrome browser for legacy OSes since there are a few websites that have trouble in modern Mozilla browsers. One more advantage to Supermium is the author's commitment to Manifest V2.

I have a i5, 8Gb ram, XP sp3 and work really good

In windows 7+ still some thing work better , like video playing, because can use gpu, but not much difference. In github some people report memory leaks in XP build, but I still did not find the problem, except use more ram in XP than in windows 10 for example... still work in progress