VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by sexyjw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

Long time Glidos user here!

I've recently reinstalled Steam TR1 onto my new laptop - though I do have the original TR1 CDs anyway. I have also connected by PS4 controller, and had planned to run some kind of custom configuration of the controller in order to play TR1. However, I could not get DS4Windows to detect the controller. It seems that Steam has captured the controller somehow, and is using it's own keyboard emulation.

Is there a way that I can force the Steam GUI to load the Glidos TR1, but still retain Steam's controller override - which does work. Or is there another way around this?

Thanks

John

Cheers

JW

Reply 1 of 2, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sexyjw wrote on 2020-07-27, 00:00:
Hi all, […]
Show full quote

Hi all,

Long time Glidos user here!

I've recently reinstalled Steam TR1 onto my new laptop - though I do have the original TR1 CDs anyway. I have also connected by PS4 controller, and had planned to run some kind of custom configuration of the controller in order to play TR1. However, I could not get DS4Windows to detect the controller. It seems that Steam has captured the controller somehow, and is using it's own keyboard emulation.

Is there a way that I can force the Steam GUI to load the Glidos TR1, but still retain Steam's controller override - which does work. Or is there another way around this?

Thanks

John

Not an expert on Steam, but can't you run TR1 without the Steam client running ? I would have imagined that something as old as TR1 would not rely on Steam to run . https://steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

Reply 2 of 2, by sexyjw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Darry. In the end, I stopped Steam from starting up automatically, and found a maintained version of DS4Windows on Github. The one I had downloaded had been abandoned in 2016.

That's now working...in fact everything seems fine - apart from getting the Audio pack going (although the controller only seems to work wired, not via Bluetooth). I'll have a look through some old threads and start a new post if necessary re: the audio pack.

Cheers

JW

Cheers

JW