Common searches

TR version problem: help needed

Topic actions

First post, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I know exactly how to deal with this now. All I need is a set of archives of captures from the different versions of the game. Each .phd file needs to be captured individually and packages up as its own separate archive (preferably with a name matching that of the .phd file).

I think there are three different versions, the original, the Unfinished Business release, and the Sold Out release. I have the UB version, so that's sorted. Maybe there are others; maybe two of those I've mentioned are identical; I'm not sure, but we need the lot.

It seems daft not to just do this now and get it out of the way once and for all so that our texture packs can work with all versions without any messing about.

Anybody willing to do this for one of the versions, I can give you FTP details for a place to upload to.

Reply 7 of 25, by bcjimc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

O.K. Paul,

Delete the post after downloading the file was a good idea of course.
It was downloaded only one time.
Just by you for your use, I hope. Tell me if it was the case.

On my side, I have already deleted the rapidshare hosting.

Soon for new adventures.

Reply 13 of 25, by noname

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Glidos wrote:

JC, all yours seem to be there now thanks. Should get a chance to start on them this evening.

noname, did you run into problems too? Fair few look to be missing.

I uploaded all the levels, except for the ones I already uploaded to the forum.

Reply 14 of 25, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
noname wrote:

I uploaded all the levels, except for the ones I already uploaded to the forum.

AH, right, makes sense.

But on the other hand, if you get a chance could you upload those too, using the same naming convention. Just makes it less likely that I will mess up something. Also, I need levels that that are more than one phd file kept separate if possible (although that might not apply to the levels in question.

Reply 16 of 25, by slube

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know I have a different one than you, though I'm not sure if anyone else has it. It's an orginal US non-UB version, I think.

I've been following along with this discussion, but it's kind of gotten beyond my comprehension. But if I can get some luddite instructions for capturing, I can give it a shot.

Reply 17 of 25, by JC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Slube!

First get the tool here:
Equivalence tool v1.04

When you fire it up, simply browse to the .phd files on your TR CD then browse to the folder where you want the captured .bmps to end up. Press 'Capture' and there you go!