VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by tizerist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

a coupl of problems have arisen. damn.

1)the title music has begun to play over the intro again. I f i turn redbook off to get round it, the in-game cutscene of larson and lara has an echoey repeat of every word so you cant listen to it

2)when i choose NEW GAME the viewing window minimises to the system tray. i have to click the system tray "TOMB" to be able to carry on.
i think this happens at every FMV point actually.

it might also be a good idea to have an explanation of the various settings in glidos (whats the difference between opengl and psvoodoo mode, or what the blood fix does), perhaps in a readme, or perhaps as you move the cursor over the relevant option an 'info box' appears.

cheers mate.

Reply 2 of 19, by tizerist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Glidos wrote:

What led to these problems? Is this from just taking on the new version of Glidos? You said you were running without VDos32, yeah?

well, the title music / intro problem we talked about before, but the problem with the FMV "minimizing" itself is completely new.

Yes, i am running without vdos32.

cheers

Reply 5 of 19, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

And that gives FMVs on one screen and 3D game playing on another? That is very strange. Do the FMVs show lots of horizontal lines (like an old TV)?

Could you post the TR section of your Glidos.ini file?

Reply 6 of 19, by tizerist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yes but the lines are very slight, in fact i only noticed them when i checked just now.

the real problem is the minimising and intro like i mentioned. when the screen minimises itself and i can see the glide server box, it has a few lines of dialogue and says 'winclose'.

can't find this ini file. where would that be located?

Reply 7 of 19, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
tizerist wrote:

yes but the lines are very slight, in fact i only noticed them when i checked just now.

I wonder if we are talking about the same thing - the picture made up of alternate lines of coloured pixels and lines of black pixels?

the real problem is the minimising and intro like i mentioned. when the screen minimises itself and i can see the glide server box, it has a few lines of dialogue and says 'winclose'.

And to solve that, I need to work out why your computer is behaving weirdly, hence the seemingly unrelated questions.

can't find this ini file. where would that be located?

Its in C:\Program Files\Glidos\. There are sections in Glidos.ini for each game. Its just the part for TR1 that would be useful.

How are you starting the game? Do you use the Glidos button, or double click Tomb.exe?

Reply 8 of 19, by tizerist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yeah, every second line is darker. i hope thats what you meant.

i actually start it from start > games > glidos. i moved it there a while ago, with no problems until recently.

i'll check for that file when i get home.

Reply 9 of 19, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, that's it: every other line darker. That means Glidos's VESA support is for some mysterious reason not working for you.

Re starting the program: I didn't mean how do you start Glidos; I was wondering how you start TR1 after you have started Glidos.

Reply 10 of 19, by tizerist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

it has the black screen that says TOMB RAID/PAUSED......press any key to continue

also inside the C/program files/glidos folder, none of those files mention tomb raider. i cant seem to get fraps to print a screen of this unfortunately.

however, i do have a seperate C/TOMBRAID folder.

Reply 11 of 19, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No, I meant do you use Glidos's "Start game" button to start TR1? Or do you double-click Tomb.exe

The file the contents of which would be useful to see is called Glidos.ini (although Windows likes to hide the .ini bit unless you configure it not to).
The mention of Tomb Raider is inside the file.

Reply 12 of 19, by tizerist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

is it a text document? i've got this...

Selected: Tomb Raider

Name: Tomb Raider
Executable: C:\Tombraid\Tomb.exe
ExeSizes: 873739
CDCheckFile: data\Level10c.phd
Driver: Direct3D
MipMapping: Yes
ManagedTextures: Yes
NoModeChange: Yes
DosGraphics: Yes
VESASupport: Yes
ControlJudderFix: 1
Resolution: 2
FullScreen: Yes
GammaAdjustment: 1.27
BloodFix: Yes
TrShadowHack: Yes
TextureOverride: Yes
TextureFolder: JC
Mp3BackgroundSounds: Yes
RedbookEmulation: Yes
UseVDos32: No

Reply 16 of 19, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The problem is I can't make any sense of what you are telling me. I don't imagine you are mistaken in what you say, so I'm assuming what you say is exactly what you are seeing, but I cannot think of any way in which Glidos can do that, so I'm a bit stuck. The main thing is that everything you describe match Glidos running without VESA emulation.

There have been a couple of small changes between v1.36 and v1.37 that could possibly explain the minimisation problem, but they shouldn't cause that, and they are useful changes, so I don't want to back them out when I have one report of a problem which I'm not yet able to understand.

Two things you could try

1) Give VDos32 a second go. It takes over from a lot of problematic parts of Windows, so should level the field and give more consistent behaviour across different systems. There's a new versions out v0.7 that has the problems with audio sorted out.

2) You could go back to v1.36. Its still available for download. If you go to download the latest version, but edit the url then you can get it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I just don't understand these symptoms.

Reply 17 of 19, by tizerist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yeah. before i elaborate any more on the problem, glidos doesnt seem to find the TR1 exe on my new PC, even though i have transferred data from the old drive to the new one.

So if its alright with you, can i just delete the the TR folder, glidos and the TR1 installer, and just do the whole process from scratch?

this would mean giving me a new activation key also wouldnt it?

its bugging me and i've got different folders all over the place and this way i can at least keep everything in one place.
(apart from the texture packs, i remeber reading that they want extraction to the PROGRAM FILES folder. dont want to complicate this)

Reply 19 of 19, by tizerist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks.

having got my new computer, the goalposts appear to have changed a bit.

i can use vdos32 okay regarding the FMV's minimising to task bar and that (without it its the same problem), but there appears to be no ambient sound, speech or title music.

i've tried all 3 options in glidos' sound settings, but nothing.

any ideas?
thanks again.