VOGONS

First post, by Marco

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

I'm using XP w/ sblive 5.1 w/ mt32 connected via gameport.
I'm only referring to old sci sierra games (an monkey island ...)

will there ever be a solution - so that i can play these games with the correct sound (timings)?
game speed his quite okay but the midi music is always kind of slow (about 5% slowier thanb normal).
even the new speedset version couldn't help - sound does increase but speed varies during the game!!

Reply 2 of 7, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Vlad is working on MT-32 emulation so hopefully you won't need the thing soon. 😀 In any case, SPEEDSET is really the only way to deal with this problem, and yes, it does cause speed variance. Unfortunately, there is no other way to do things. Sorry.

And Harekiet, ScummVM only works for LEC and AdventureSoft games, remember? 😉 No Sierra SCI engine games.

Oh, though, that makes me think. Try FreeSCI. It might have MPU-401 support.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 4 of 7, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sw-synth. Will be available after I find a FIFO chip for my USB digital audio recorder/logic probe and after I get some time to continue rev-eng'ing the MT's sound (well, OK, I think I know pretty well how it works but I want to do a proper emulation a la Jarek's AdLib emu.).

V.

Reply 7 of 7, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Since he's running Windows XP there a rather big chance that he's also running NTFS and NTFS partitions can't be accessed from DOS (unless some 3rd party drivers are used).

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)