VOGONS

Star Control II, Another World, Ween **UPDATE**

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 25, by diehlr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You downloaded the copy at http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~diehlr/starcon2.zip ?? It's the version I am using, and I didn't have the Sa-Matra bug (another copy I downloaded on IRC had that problem).

Strange.. unzip it in a fresh directory, doublecheck you're running the right executable. Let me know and I'll see what I can do. Maybe I can make a savegame at the beginning and upload it for everyone to use.

Reply 24 of 25, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Eh? Download The Ur-Quan Masters here. Don't even try the DOS version, which the above link goes to. Who said anything about 3DO music being in the DOS version, anyway?

...*sigh*...

Closing thread: DEPRECIATED GAME (Win32 port available)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 25 of 25, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Snover Who said anything about 3DO music being in the DOS version, anyway?

I think he's comparing the PC version's music to that of the 3D0 version (considering the hoops, that Vlad had to jump through to get audio, I doubt he's hearing the music as it sounded on a 286).

One other option he has is to try it with the most recent version of DosBox (0.56 or higher) that seems to operate OK (but you should still save frequently for when it inevitably crashes). He could try that while waiting for his 148 Meg download to finish.

Closing thread: DEPRECIATED GAME (Win32 port available)

Is that wise when it also applies to two other titles as well?