VOGONS

First post, by Unregistered

User metadata

Hi all , well i have try and try and try , nothings work. I am tryn to install the msi but it said CANNOT REGISTER for all dll .

I have try whit the old vdms.exe whit siwcht but nothings work . anybody can help me please?

Reply 1 of 14, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My god, where did you learn how to type? "Billy Bob's School of Damn Good Typin'"?!

It sounds to me like you're running as a non-Superuser. You need to run as a Superuser or it can't register DLLs.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 4 of 14, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Snover wrote:

My god, where did you learn how to type? "Billy Bob's School of Damn Good Typin'"?!

Please remember that VDMSound has fans in all countries...

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 6 of 14, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What version of Windows are you running? And what service pack?

Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 2000 Server: Service Pack 1, Service Pack 2, or Service Pack 3

Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional: No Service Pack, or Service Pack 1

It could just be a misconfiguration. Have you tried running "repair" on VDMSound?

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 11 of 14, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Matrf wrote:

I have found that : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.as … ReleaseID=17344
and i have install it. Still not working.

Actually, I thought there was a much more recent release, but of course I can't find it anywhere. Turns out my update (for Win98) had the same datestamp as the one in your post.

The only options I can think would be to use the auto-update function for Microsoft downloads or simply wait for the French version of SP3. Good luck.

Reply 13 of 14, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Run a repair installation from the CD. In fact, it may have been a fluke on my side, but just running the Win32 setup executable on the CD seemed to fix most of the problems *I* was having.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 14 of 14, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

For anyone that might need it, finally found the updated version.

Guess I should have paid attention that link on Vlad's page.
(Although his links to an older version)

MSI v2.0.2600.2 for either NT/2000 (25 Sep 2001).

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.as … 32832&NewList=1